Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

Monday's Poem: My Pet Snake Escaped!

My Pet Snake Escaped!

Dog's in the stairwell;
Cat's in a box;
Snake's crawling somewhere;
I'm throwing rocks.

Mom's yelling, "Get inside;"
Dad's looking mad;
Snake's crawling somewhere;
I think they think that's bad.

Brother's grunting, "Yucky!"
Sister's screaming, "Eek!"
Snake's crawling somewhere
And has been for a week.

Crawling on my stomach;
Searching everywhere;
Snake's crawling...Uh Oh!
Up my mother's chair.

Oops!  Mother's fast asleep.
Silence!  Shhh!  Hush!
Snake's sleeping on her lap.
Shush!  Shush!  Shush!
                         
                        Anne Knowles

1 comment:

  1. Dear Mrs. Snell, Thank you for your great work in keeping the rhythm of words alive! Look forward to keep reading your poems. My family and I miss you!

    ReplyDelete